3/24/11

Bonafide

I'm still working on prying some time into my new schedule. Thanks to some day job juggling I get a "new" schedule every 6-8 weeks. If this doesn't forestall dementia, then I don't know what does.

Still short the necessary rubber to complete the new neckpiece so I'm only allowing teasers still. Finally some liquidity in the bank account, so I can get it moving along. Things have backed up in the studio, and I'm trying to get back on top of it all. Lots of deadlines in the near future that have to be worked in between other things. Some of those being an upcoming workshop in April at the University of Northern Iowa thanks to the help of Professor Erica Voss, and a workshop in May through MASSC thanks to Corliss Rose. Both have been so helpful in getting me started in the workshop scene! Everything about workshops sounds wonderful--show up, do the fun stuff, get the students wound up, then leave before the late nights and real problem solving. That last bit gets saved for their real teachers.


Along with all that, have you caught the most recent issue of American Craft? That image was mercifully sent by Sharon Massey as the East Coasters got it before I did, and I am terribly impatient. It's still a little odd to open it up and see my work. Beth DeBoom did an amazing job, and it was so much fun meeting with her and talking about my work.

Because I've had some new galleries added to my roster, and because there was only so much room in the article, I just wanted to include some links here as well. I am really lucky to have a lot of amazing galleries out there with great people representing my work. The article did mention Velvet da Vinci in San Francisco, and Friends of Carlotta in Zurich. Also, I am always excited to mention the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia--I have work in their Museum Store.

Additionally, I have work at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft in the Asher Gallery and recently sent work to Fancy Gallery in Seattle.

And of course I would never want to forget Quirk in Richmond. Those ladies are awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Your work is so beautiful and amazing, it's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete