2/14/09

Start

I'm hoping this blog will be a way for me to share processes with makers/collectors/interested parties in more detail. I've only posted finished pieces in the past, but I'd like to start keeping track of things as they come along.

These initial images are of extruded foam pieces with their early coatings of paint and epoxy resin. I will continue to add layers or paint details until I feel they're either done or junk.


I'm also working on some of the older electroformed pieces I had around the studio. I was motivated to resolve some of them because I'm having a show at the National Ornamental Metal Museum this month. I needed more pieces that were predominantly made of metal, and without the means to make new pieces I had to find ways of using old ones instead. Now I'm enjoying working with them and using some of the smaller ones for potential listings on Object Fetish.

These are painted, but have not yet been coated in resin. These are part of a group of electroformed copper pieces that I'm painting, coating in resin, and printing on.





And a sample of how messy my bench gets. I keep saying I'll clean it up, but then I come up with more things to work on instead. I need more shelves/work benches...but then I would probably just spread out farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment