6/19/12

SNAG Conference Wrap Up for Crafthaus



 Part 1: Exhibitionism



 local flora to distract the weirdos

So where to begin post-SNAG 2012?  First impressions are that dehydration adds a nice layer of incapacitation on top of the usual exhaustion.  Fun fact, I get vertigo when I’m dehydrated so my head is literally spinning.
Like the sediment in my inner ear, I’m still waiting for things to settle so I can get my bearings.  This year was particularly surreal, as I had feared and anticipated it would be.  The good thing about a resort is that everyone spends a lot of time together in the communal spaces catching up, or making new friends.  The bad thing about a resort is that you’re all trapped on the island and some people did not come to make friends.
This conference was maybe half as big as Seattle’s... Now Seattle was epic, so that wasn’t a difficult achievement.  And I think the smaller group created a lot of opportunities for slower, more considered engagement.  Also the hostage-quality of the resort left us all in each others company as opposed to the usual forays into adjacent downtowns.  Our options were high-end mall sprawl or the forbidding Arizona desert.  Both equally terrifying in their own way…read more on Crafthaus.

No comments:

Post a Comment